By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Who we are:
The Adult Education Advice Service offers advice and guidance to Hackney residents to:
- increase engagement in lifelong learning
- improve skills and
- improve employment opportunities or reduce unemployment
The Adult Education Advice Service is responsible for running accessible adult, community and family learning courses in Hackney.
What we do:
The team meets clients at Hackney Learning Trust and works on an outreach basis, building networks and partnerships with community groups, individuals and training providers.
The courses can be either accredited or non-accredited and focus on giving Hackney residents the skills and training required to:
- find better employment
- be more able to support their children as they progress through school
The services main focus is on engagement of those with low or no qualifications, long term unemployed and those wanting to take a first step into education or training.
Course on offer include:
- Functional Skills (English, Maths, ICT) qualifications up to Level 2
- English for Speakers of Other Languages – ESOL qualifications up to Level 2
The Adult Education Advice Service advisors can offer support with:
- Free and confidential information, advice and guidance for adults
- confidence building
- CV writing
- interview skills
- finding training & volunteering opportunities, and
- support for ex-offenders
Referrals can be made to specialist support services if we cannot meet your needs.
Record Last Updated on: 08/03/2018