The African Community School is a supplementary education that provides additional learning support/opportunities for children and young people aged between 5-16 years.
Services on offer:
- revision class for GCSE & SATS test, homework support, ICT class, African dance and drumming class
- extra tuition to improve performance for both primary & secondary school subjects: KS1 to KS4
- ICT class for young people
- Youth programmes: drug awareness education, self-development, confidence building to encouraging confident participation through peer education schemes and peer mentoring
- educational/cultural trips to places of interest
- sports (football), games & adventurous outdoor activities
- educational seminar/workshops and African cultural events for family
- summer school scheme, which incorporates cultural, social and educational aspect
- family learning programme
- adult learning programme focusing on ICT (accredited through OCR)
- access to arts & creative activities that engage and motivate young children
- media skills & video production/making
Time / Date Details
Time of day
Saturday 10am - 1.30pm
Summer school programme Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Family learning Friday 3.45pm - 6pm & Saturday 10am - 1pm
Hula Hoops (Family Exercise) Tuesday 4pm - 6pm
Sewing Class Friday 12noon - 3pm
£20 per month
£15 per month for concessionary rate
Who is eligible?
5-16 year olds.
What to do if you have a complaint
If there’s something you like or are not happy with, then talk about it with the worker or the manager so they can look at how they deliver their service. If you are still not happy, ask if they have a complaints procedure.
How to Get Here
Buses: 67, 76, 149, 243
Train: Dalston Kingsland
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.