Parent Workshop - Sensory Processing and Regulation - Helping your child play and learn
- Monday 23rd November 2020
Your child does not need a referral to OT for you to access this online workshop but you must contact us to book your place in advance. You can also invite a named person from your child’s nursery/school.
- You will be offered up to 4 follow up sessions (first session as a group), with an OT after the workshop to discuss goals, strategies and concerns.
- We will ask you to email the team by a certain date to confirm you would like follow up.
The workshop aims to:
1. Provide you with an overview of occupational therapy and supporting your child to participate in every day activities
2. Increase understanding of your child’s difficulties relating to sensory processing and emotional regulation.
3. Support you to identify a goal that you want to work on with your child.
3. To problem solve why your child may be having difficulties with their goal.
4. Support you to identify strategies to support your child achieve their goals.
5. Share ideas, issues and concerns with other parents/carers.
Follow up dates, Friday mornings:
- November: 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
- December: 4th, 11th and 18th