Who we are…
Joy of Sound (JOS) is an inclusive arts project established in 2000 that has been running regular inclusive workshops with attendance from thousands people of all ages and abilities. Many volunteers have dedicated their time and energy to help facilitate workshops and events.
Joy of sound volunteers bring people together as co-creators to enjoy music and arts. Through these activities, we share the many personal, social, health and wellbeing benefits that inclusive society can bring.
We use inclusively designed and made instruments to help individuals, who might otherwise be excluded from the creative arts, to make music.
Our sessions benefit everyone:
- Those with SEN (special educational needs) and or disabled participants with sensory or physical impairments benefit and taking part in sessions that helps them overcome frustration, improve motor skills and promotes social skills development.
- Carers and support staff benefit by gaining fresh motivation, enhancing professional practice and personal development and connecting with others.
- Volunteers are provided with pathways to help achieve personal goals and aspirations and are integral and valued contributors to our services.
Watch a short film of one of our events...
What we do…
Joy of Sound workshops and events…
- Regular weekly workshops
- Day / half day workshops and presentations for events, festivals and conferences
- One-to-one facilitation
- Outreach in London and more widely throughout the UK and Internationally
Training and inclusive design consultancy…
- Bespoke and adapted musical instruments
- A team of experienced inclusive workshop facilitators skilled across the spectrum of creative arts practice and delivery
- Training for settings and organisations in inclusive workshop facilitation techniques and approaches
- Consultation on inclusive music instruments and access equipment design
- Staff & volunteer training and development
We offer inclusive volunteer pathways. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please get in touch.
Record Last Updated on: 05/03/2020