By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Who we are:
Hackney Ark is a centre for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs. The centre brings together health, education and social care services to provide an integrated multi-disciplinary response to the needs of disabled children and their families.
Hackney Ark's Resource Centre offers families useful information about special educational needs and disability (SEND), including local and national services that may be of interest.
It is also used as a welcoming venue for drop in information and support sessions run by parents groups ( As1 – parent support group and Hackney Independent Forum for Parents/Carers of Children with Disabilities HiP ) and services within the centre.
A sensory area is on offer for children waiting for appointments.
What we do:
The aim of services at Hackney Ark is to:
- Work in partnership with parents and young people to place them at the centre of decision making (also called person centred planning)
- Provide information, advice and support and / or a diagnosis of needs where appropriate
- Provide a joined up approach to assessment, diagnoses, treatment, intervention and support
- Communicate clearly with parents, children and the team around the family taking a "tell it once" approach
- Work flexibly and openly to support families to lead everyday lives
A wide range of support and therapy is on offer at Hackney Ark including:
Information and signposting services...
- Information & Advice - Hackney Ark Resource Centre
- Key Worker Service
- Hackney SENDIAGS (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Guidance Service)
- Multi-Agency Referrals (MARs) meetings
- Community Paediatricians
- Children's Continence Service
- Community Children's Nursing Team
- School Medical Service
- First Steps Early Intervention Community Psychology Service
- CAMHS Disability Service
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Hackney Ark - Therapy Transition
Social support services...
SENDIAGS have relocated to Ann Tayler Children's Centre, 1-13 Triangle Road off Westgate Street, Hackney, London E8 3RP
Phone: 020 7275 6036
Regular outreach information and advice surgeries for parents and young people are still operating from Hackney Ark's Resource Centre.
Record Last Updated on: 09/04/2019