By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Dedicated one-to-one family support across London
Discovering that your child has a sight condition can be a difficult and confusing time for parents. You may feel anxious about what the future holds and have questions about how best to support your child.
Our Family Engagement Workers are on hand for these moments to offer practical and emotional support to help vision impaired children and families living in London.
What type of support is on offer?
Family support is provided by our Family Engagement Workers who will be there for families on their journey, providing a sense of empowerment, resilience and independence.
We know that every child is different and our Family Engagement Worker will talk to you about the individual needs of your family and agree on the support appropriate for you.
This could be;
- Emotional support for members of your family and relations to positively accept your child’s vision impairment
- Practical support and information to assist you when speaking with healthcare professionals or when dealing with benefits or housing
- Guidance on how to encourage your child’s development; from their understanding of the world, communication and ease of movement through to encouraging confidence and creativity
How do we provide this support?
Our one-to-one support for families is provided by our Family Engagement Workers,
- Marietta and
This is given in the following ways;
- Home visits and regular contact by phone and email to talk about any queries or concerns you may have
- Regular reminders and updates to families on available services and sources of support
- Coaching families on Parenting Plus, which will support parents to build their child’s autonomy and independence