Who we are:
The Hackney Learning Trust Exclusion Team provides resources, advice and guidance to support all parties with the challenging and sometimes complex issues surrounding exclusion.
What we do:
The Exclusions Team:
- Provide advice, guidance and support to all Hackney educational establishments, parents and other professionals, with a view to reducing levels of exclusion
- Ensure that the statutory responsibilities relating to exclusion are met
- Contribute to preventative strategies to avoid exclusion
- Offer training to schools, governors, parents and wider professionals around the legalities of the exclusion process
- Where requested, facilitate the managed move process of secondary school aged pupils
- Ensure pupils receive their statutory entitlements to education, if they are subject to fixed term or permanent exclusion
- Monitor the progress and engagement of permanently excluded pupils until such time as they return to a mainstream setting
Special Educational Needs and or Disabilities (SEND) and school exclusions
If a child or young person has SEND and:
- is at risk of exclusion
- has been given a fixed term or permanent exclusions
...you can find more information here: School exclusions - information and advice
Record Last Updated on: 13/03/2018
Time / Date Details
Time of day
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Who is eligible?
All children of statutory school age who are living or being educated in the borough.
Referrals and enquires can be sent directly using the contact details provided.
For more information follow the link to the website or contact the team.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have any feedback about the service you received – something you like or are not happy with; then do talk about it with the worker or manager in the service, so that they can look at how they deliver their service.
If you have a situation that you are still not happy about then you can raise it formally as part of the London Borough of Hackney complaints procedure; click here for more information.
How to Get Here
Buses: 30, 38, 48, 55, 106, 236, 242, 253, 276, 277, D6
Train: London Fields, Hackney Central, Hackney Downs
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.