Our Supported Living service gives Jewish adults with learning difficulties the opportunity to live independently in their own home and to work with the confidence of having Kisharon’s ongoing support behind them.
What we do
Our team of support workers creates a plan for each individual based on their needs and the number of support hours per week that are available to meet their needs.
- Kisharon provides support to people living in their own property.
- This property can be rented or owned.
- In most cases, housing benefit will cover the rent (depending on eligibility).
- Kisharon owns a number of properties with accommodation available in Golders Green.
- The local authority pays for a support worker to come and help. This will vary depending on need.
- The local authority reviews everyone’s needs on an annual basis.
Living expenses such as groceries and utility bills such as gas, electricity, telephone and water rates will be paid for by the individual from their salary or benefits, as well as the cost of their leisure activities. Our support workers will help with this.
- supports people to live independent lives within their community.
- promotes dignity and respect at all times.
- provides an individualised service which is person centred.
- supports people to make choices about their own lives.
- supports people to ensure social inclusion.
- supports religious and cultural needs, according to the individual.
- ensures that personal care needs are met in an appropriate way.
- provides life skills training to include money handling and travel training.
Kisharon was founded to provide an education for children with learning disabilities.
Kisharon now offers opportunity and support - as well as education - to adults and children with complex and profound learning disabilities.