By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Children’s Centres are designed specifically for children aged under five and their families in Hackney.
- FREE stay and play sessions
- nursery and child-minders (you have to pay for these)
- Health services
- family support
- help and support to get into training and employment
Some activities take place in the centre, and some nearby.
What support is on offer from Children’s Centres?
Find out more: Children's Centres in Hackney
What activities are available?
Clapton Park Children’s Centre Activity Timetables is available from the following page: Clapton Park Children’s Centre
Health services on offer in Children's Centres include:
- Speech and language therapy - speech and language therapists can help your child if they are finding it hard to talk
- Midwifery - advice, information and support for pregnant and new parents
- HENRY - FREE fun programme designed to give babies and young children (0-5 years) a good start and to help the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The programme covers; healthy nutrition, oral health, active lifestyles, breastfeeding and parenting
- Mental health services - Direct support to children and families such as counselling, or support to your child
- Portage service - Portage works with children up to age three with a disability and their families in the home to improve a child’s development
Clapton Park Children’s Centre is now also a Forest School.
All children from age two have access to a weekly Forest School session in the Hackney Marshes. Our Centre promotes the ethos of outdoor learning, and we have a large garden which enables the children to explore the natural environment and take risks in a safe and secure environment.
Forest School is an approach derived from Scandinavia, where children have opportunities to explore the natural environment in all weathers.
Research shows the positive effects of the Forest School is an approach on children’s wellbeing, health, confidence, language skills, collaborative skills, awareness of nature and living things...
Find out more: Clapton Park Children’s Centre - Forest School
Record Last Updated on: 27/07/2018