Who we are:
Derman is a charity that provides holistic health and social care services for the Turkish/Kurdish community in Hackney to:
- improve their quality of life
- promote their continued well-being
Derman's aim is to provide the best possible service in the most effective, professional caring way to it's clients.
To provide a service at no cost and be accessible to all regardless of ethnicity, political, religious background.
To provide culturally sensitive and language appropriate responsive services that meet the needs of the community.
What we do:
Mental health support...
Derman offers a wide range of mental health services in Turkish, English, Kurdish, Cypriot and Bulgarian Turkish Communities.
Services are provided to help people develop skills that support them to mange difficulties and support to access mental health services.
Derman is part of the City and Hackney Well-Being Network which offers 1:1 counselling and a range of group activities aimed at helping people live independently, manage their mental and physical well-being and develop skills and improve their emotional wellness.
Derman's group activities include:
- self-help group for people experiencing panic attacks
- self-help group for people for people experiencing depression
- walk and talk
- mental health awareness
- relaxation and creativity groups
- relapse prevention
- film and discussion male only drop in session
- mental health support & outreach service
- mental health recovery support service
- welfare rights advice
- domestic violence outreach support service
- health advocacy based in Hackney GP’s
Welfare rights advice service...
Derman offers a wide range of advice including:
- letter reading
- form filling - complex forms
- advice on welfare rights, debt and housing.
- support to clients to challenge decisions through tribunal
Derman can provide advice and information to Turkish and Kurdish parents / carers on the carer's needs assessments and can register new carers with the local authority and inform them about carer's rights set out in the Care Act 2014.
Derman provide this service through partnership work with City and Hackney Carers Centre.
Record Last Updated on: 15/05/2019