Key Working Team Hackney Ark
Who are we?
The Key Worker service provides support to children with complex health and social needs aged between 0 – 25.
Most children supported by this service are pre-school age so under 5.
Older children supported by this service are either:
- new to the borough of Hackney
- have been newly diagnosed with a complex medical condition and need to be introduced to local services.
The Key working team consider a child to have complex needs and be eligible for consideration of Key Worker support if they are likely to require the support of at least 2 of the therapy or medical services based in the Hackney Ark. These include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Children’s Community Nursing Team
- Psychology and related Behavioural support from CAMHS disability
What do we do?
The Key Worker Service takes 2 approaches to it's works supporting families in Hackney.
1. To provide a Key Worker to assist families to;
- Identify needs and the objectives they want to achieve which will be recorded in the form of an action plan.
- Link services together through joint planning meetings producing joint action plans.
- Deal with emotional and difficult family circumstances.
- Access the range of local and national services and information that could be beneficial to them.
- Have a single point of contact for families and professionals, so people can contact one person (the Key Worker) . The Key Worker will be able to provide an update on what is happening for the child and family. This helps the person who needs information not to have to phone around different services to get individual updates.
2. To support professionals in other services to take on a Key Worker role with a family. To ensure that the above tasks outlined for the Key Worker are carried out.
New for 2022 - Key Work Drop-in session at Comet Childrens Centre
If you have a child that receives any support from services at Hackney Ark Child Development centre you can attend one of the Key Work drop in sessions. These sessions will be useful if you would like information and advice about services or benefits that you may be entitled. OR if you would simply like the opportunity to meet with, learn from and share your experiences with other parents who also have children with health and or developmental issues.
At the drop in sessions:
- Appointments can be arranged with the Hackney Ark Key Worker to assist with any benefit or charity applications
- Information sharing session between parents over a cup of coffee, tea or other hot drink
- Opportunity for speakers on topics of interest to be arranged (subject to interest of group)
- Art and Craft activities
Comet Childrens Centre, 20 Halcomb St, Hackney, N1 5RF
Tell the Comet reception team that you have come to the Hackney Ark drop in session and they will direct you to the room the team and other parents meet in.
Wednesday mornings from 9:30am to 11:30am.
Who can you contact for more information about these sessions?
Phone 07958 293 731
SEND Local Offer
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years and Pregnancy 0-4
Primary 4 -10
Preparing for Adulthood 14-18
- SEN Provision Type
Who to contact
Where to go
Downs Park Road
E8 2FPView E8 2FP on a map
- Venue Notes
30, 56, 276, 149, 67, 76, 243
Dalston Kingsland, Hackney Downs
Limited parking for patients
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Session Information
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
- Referral required?
- Referral Details
Referral needs to be made through MARS Multi Agency Referral meetings.
c/o Care Pathways Administrator
Downs Park Rd.
- What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a concern about the care you or a relative or friend is receiving you should talk to the person in charge of your care or the manager of the department.
If you prefer to discuss your concern with someone independent of your care team then you can contact our Patient Liaison and Advice Service (PALS).
The PALS team can help resolve queries and concerns quickly and if you are not happy with the outcome then they can advise you on our formal complaints process.
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
London E9 6SR
Phone 020 8510 7315 (Out of office hours voicemail service available)
Textphone 07584 445 400
Feedback from parents and others who have used this service
SEND Local Offer channel tags:
SEND Local Offer:
SEND Local Offer Type: