Who are we?
The Key Worker service provides support to children with complex health and social needs aged between 0 – 25.
Most children supported by this service are pre-school age so under 5.
Older children supported by this service are either:
- new to the borough of Hackney
- have been newly diagnosed with a complex medical condition and need to be introduced to local services.
The Key working team consider a child to have complex needs and be eligible for consideration of Key Worker support if they are likely to require the support of at least 2 of the therapy or medical services based in the Hackney Ark. These include:
What do we do?
The Key Worker Service takes 2 approaches to it's works supporting families in Hackney.
1. To provide a Key Worker to assist families to;
- Identify needs and the objectives they want to achieve which will be recorded in the form of an action plan.
- Link services together through joint planning meetings producing joint action plans.
- Deal with emotional and difficult family circumstances.
- Access the range of local and national services and information that could be beneficial to them.
- Have a single point of contact for families and professionals, so people can contact one person (the Key Worker) . The Key Worker will be able to provide an update on what is happening for the child and family. This helps the person who needs information not to have to phone around different services to get individual updates.
2. To support professionals in other services to take on a Key Worker role with a family. To ensure that the above tasks outlined for the Key Worker are carried out.
Record Last Updated on: 15/02/2022
Time / Date Details
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a concern about the care you or a relative or friend is receiving you should talk to the person in charge of your care or the manager of the department.
If you prefer to discuss your concern with someone independent of your care team then you can contact our Patient Liaison and Advice Service (PALS).
The PALS team can help resolve queries and concerns quickly and if you are not happy with the outcome then they can advise you on our formal complaints process.
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
London E9 6SR
Phone 020 8510 7315 (Out of office hours voicemail service available)
Textphone 07584 445 400
How to Get Here
30, 56, 276, 149, 67, 76, 243
Dalston Kingsland, Hackney Downs
Limited parking for patients
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.