Skip to main content

Beyond Feelings Community Counselling Service

5 Chattenden House,
Woodberry Down,
N4 2SG
Telephone: 020 7687 1654
Telephone: 07774 977 119


Who we are:

Beyond Feelings is a community counselling service providing high quality low-cost counselling for a range of issues at an affordable rate.

What we do:

We offer confidential, weekly, one-to-one and group counselling sessions to help you tackle issues that are holding you back and causing problems in your day to day life.

Counselling can help with stress caused by issues such as relationship problems, poverty and unemployment issues, health concerns, lack of confidence, educational under-achievement, bereavement, depression or anger and isolation.

We can help people to identify aspects of their lives that they would like to change, better understand themselves and others, set personal goals, and work toward desired change in counselling.

A Trained Counsellor and Independent Parent Support worker can provide advice and support to families with children aged 5-19 years.

Sessions and support can be tailored to focus on:

  • prevention and support on school exclusions
  • SEN appeals
  • working with behaviours that others find challenging
  • relationship breakdown 
  • domestic violence
  • healthy eating
  • family wellbeing


Beyond Feelings works in partnership with Hackney Council to provide mediation services. 

Record Last Updated on: 13/04/2018

Time / Date Details

Time of day


Session Information

Monday to Thursday 9am - 3pm

Other Details


Session costs for children £5
Session costs for siblings £8
Adults who are unemployed £10
Adults who are in employment £35

Referral required?


Referral Details

Referrals can be made by the following services or professionals:

  • Health Visitors
  • GPs
  • Wellbeing and Family Coordinators
  • Young Hackney
  • Social Services
  • School - SENCOs or Educational Psychologist

Additional Information

1:1 support for young people with education health care plan and family support. 

Attendance at SENDIST Appeal Hearing

What to do if you have a complaint

If you have feedback, a concern or complaint please send it via letter addressed to:

Clinical Supervisor or Practice Manager

5 Chattenden House,

Woodberry Down,



N4 2SG

Can parents & young people buy this service as part of their SEND personal budget?


How to Get Here

Buses: 254, 253, 279, 141, 341, 29

Tube: Manor House

Parking: Disabled parking available

It may be possible to assist with transport to the service.

Please contact us for more information - 07774 977 119

Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents

Sign in to add feedback

Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer

Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.

Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.

Help & Advice

Back to top