By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Who we are
The National Centre for Circus Arts is a registered charity and one of Europe’s leading providers of circus education. Based in a magnificent Victorian power station near Hoxton Square it is a creative training and performance space for circus arts.
What we do
Adults and young people can take part in a range of opportunities classes:
- Regular courses (on a variety of circus skills or specific courses e.g. trapeze)
- Circus Fitness Classes
- Experience Days
- BA Hons degree in Circus Arts - a structured progressive training programme for under 18s and professional development opportunities for aspiring and established performers.
National Centre for Circus Arts Junior Sensory Circus and Youth Sensory Circus classes
Junior Sensory Circus and Youth Sensory Circus classes ran in January 2019 at National Centre for Circus Arts.
These Sensory Circus classes were designed specifically for young people aged between 8-15 on the autistic spectrum who would like to learn some new and exciting circus skills in a relaxed and supported environment.
What’s different about this class?
- 1:4 teacher-to-student ratio with our teaching team
- Held in quieter and smaller spaces
- A mixture of free-play and structured sessions to match participants’ needs
- A ‘quiet zone’ area available throughout the sessions for participants to use at their own request
- A full familiarisation pack and optional familiarisation sessions at the beginning of each term
We are waiting to here news on funding bids to run this programme again in 2019/2020.
We can also provide workshops and away days for the business community.
Support for Disabled Students wishing to attend the BA Hons degree in Circus Arts:
Applicants are encouraged to disclose a disability to the staff at the National Centre for Circus Arts when they apply.
If you have any questions or concerns that you would like to talk to us about before you apply you can contact the Student Support Manager who can tell you about the audition process and talk about any suitable support.
Any information that you share with us will be treated in confidence and will only be discussed with other members of staff with your permission.
Record Last Updated on: 02/09/2019