Breckenbrough School is more than just a school. It provides a nurturing and therapeutic enviroment which enables boys from 9 to 19 to successfully access a curriculum that meets their needs and interests.
We are especially successful with students who are diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, but also work effectively with others who want to learn and develop but who have found it difficult to do so.
We work hard to provide a safe, calm environment where our students can rebuild their self-esteem, develop appropriate social skills, become independent and succeed academically.
Who are we?
Breckenbrough is a specialist school providing a nurturing and therapeutic environment, to enable boys from 9 to 19 to successfully access a curriculum that meets their needs and interests.
The school works with students who are diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome and others who want to learn and develop but have found it difficult to do so.
Information from the School's SEN Information Report:
- We have been successfully working with young people for over 50 years.
- We are a non-profit making charity, whose Governing Board is appointed by Quakers in Yorkshire.
- We are housed in a modernised Victorian country house with 10 acres of grounds in the heart of beautiful North Yorkshire, close to good road and rail links.
- We accept pupils from all over the country who have a statement of special educational needs or an EHCP.
- We make provision for day students, and weekly boarders. All placements are for 38 weeks. Boarders have their own rooms and can access good social and domestic facilities.
- We work hard to provide a safe, calm environment where our students can rebuild their self-esteem, develop appropriate social skills, become independent and succeed academically.
- We avoid punishment and work with our students to understand that actions have consequences so that we can work together to find ways of achieving positive consequences. We apply conflict resolution and restorative justice when things go wrong.
- We employ a full time registered psychologist, and can provide other therapies such as Speech and Language, Occupational, Music and Creative Arts.
- We aim to enable our students to access further and higher education, training or work and to live rewarding and successful lives.
Find out more: Breckborouch School SEN Information Report (previously know as school's local offer)
See the schools website for more information.