By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
The Hackney SEND Information, Advice and Guidance Service (SENDIAGS) is an arm's length service providing impartial and confidential information, advice and support to parents and carers of children with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) and young people and children with SEND.
Drop in advice sessions for parents/carers...
Do you need help to:
- prepare for a school meeting in order to have an effective say in any discussions
- know what questions to ask when visiting a school
- make sure that your child’s needs are being met at school, college or nursery
- think about your contribution to an assessment
- go through an EHC needs assessment
- prepare for an Annual Review meeting and make sure your views are included
If the answer is yes to the above come to one of our drop-in sessions where you can discuss further and receive information, advice and support from one of our advisers.
When: Tuesday 10am - 2pm term time
Where: Hackney Ark - Resource Centre, Downs Park Road, E8 2FP
Drop in advice sessions for young people...
- Are you aged 16 - 25?
- Are you getting the support you need?
- Do you want support to discuss your needs?
- What should you expect at meetings with your college or school?
- Who can you ask for advice?
Ana - SENDIAGS Young People’s Caseworker is available for information and support.
When: Every Monday evening 6pm - 8pm
Where: Forest Road Youth Centre, Young Hackney, 29 Forest Road, E8 3BY
Joint SEND Information sessions for parents, carers
The last Tuesday of every month we are also available at Joint SEND Information sessions with Hackney Local Offer coordinator, Hackney Short Breaks and Prospects Careers Service SEND advisor.
These sessions have been deliberately planned to run later into the evening so that working parents can attend if they wish.
When: Last Tuesday of the month during term time from 2:00pm – 7:00pm
30th April, 28th May, 25th June, 30th July.
Where: Hackney Learning Trust, 1 Reading Lane, E81GQ
Record Last Updated on: 11/04/2019