Who we are:
HCVS (Hackney Community and Voluntary Sector) is Hackney's leading voluntary and community sector support agency and your local community and voluntary sector service.
What we do:
HCVS provide many of our local voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations with the key skills training, information and resources so they can continue with their work supporting local people, especially those most in need.
Services provided by HCVS include:
- Capacity Building and Organisational Development: including legal advice, guidance, fund-raising support and training
- Grants programmes: which support the sector to deliver local priorities
- Information Services: regular news and updates to and from the sector
- Sector specific activities: Children, Young People and Families, Refugee Community Champions, Health & Social Care
- Targeted engagement: Youth Futures and Nightingale estate programmes
- Influencing public sector policy: Working with the Community Empowerment Network and key VCS networks to influence the work of our local strategic partnership, Team Hackney.
Record Last Updated on: 18/01/2022
How to Get Here
Buses: 38, 67, 76, 149, 242, 243
Train: Dalston Junction and Dalston Kingsland
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.