As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- large print books and talking books
- Children's library service
- foreign language books and audio-visual material
- parents' and carers' collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- language courses
- self-service machines
- online information resources
- free computer access and basic computer coaching
- free wi-fi for library members
- printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- reading area
- study area
- private study area
- meeting room for hire
- teen zone
- quick picks area
- The Health Spot, which provides high quality books, information and activities to promote health and wellbeing
Register/ join to be able to use a wide range services.
programme of events celebrating culture and learning throughout the year.
Book a computer
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries where staff will help you.
You can book to use a computer ....
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
You can use a computer for:
Adults: 1 hour, children: 30 minutes. Additional time is available on request.
If you need help and are new to computers and the internet beginner's sessions are available. Please book in advance by asking staff.
Printing and scanning costs are: Black and white: 10p, colour: 50p.