Who are we?
Hackney Shed is an inclusive theatre company working with children and young people aged 7-25 years old.
We are really excited for this summer and we hope you are too!
What do we do?
We work to provide an exciting, vibrant, creative, and accepting place for children and young people to come together share ideas and produce exciting theatre.
This year we are celebrating our 20th anniversary and we want to invite young people across East London to come and celebrate with us during our HACKNEY SHED FEST.
When do the activities take place?
HACKNEY SHED FEST will take place in person over 2 weeks during Summer 2021. From Saturday 7 August to Friday 20 August.
About the festival and workshops...
Hackney Shed is working in collaboration with some really exciting partners to offer a variety of creative workshops for different age groups over the 2 weeks in Summer. From design to circus, from samba drumming to dance, there will be something on offer for every child or young person who attends.
Please have a look at our summer schedule for the details of our exciting programme!
How can I apply to take part?
You must fill in a registration form to register interest and tell us which workshops you would like to attend.
There are 2 forms for young people from different age groups and support needs.
If you are between the ages of 7-16 years old please fill in this form:
If you are between the ages of 16-25 years old and have learning disabilities or a neurodiversity please fill in this form:
We are very keen to get back to face to face sessions but have to follow chaging guidance from government.
1. To begin with, we are asking people to choose their top 2 choices of workshops, while also telling us what other workshops they would like to attend if enough space are available. If we can, we will allocate you more places but this will depend on demand.
2. All workshops have a limited capacity. We can’t guarantee places for everyone who registers, but the sooner you sign up, the higher the chances of getting a place in your preferred workshop!
3. You must fill in a registration form for each child or young person. You cannot put more than one child on a registration form.
4. The 20 August will be an evening festival for the children and young people’s families and friends. Attendance is free but you must email Claudia on firstname.lastname@example.org to tell her how many people will be attending and their names. This is in line with current government guidelines. Depending on the situation at the time, we may need to stagger entrances but more information will be available and shared with you at the time.
5. We are planning to have these workshops face to face. However, if necessary, they will move online. We are hopeful that by August we will be able to deliver the programme in person.
Who can I contact if I have another question?
Please get in contact email@example.com if anything is unclear or if you have any questions.
Record Last Updated on: 08/07/2021