Coronavirus Team update
- The team are still active and available to responded to concerns about the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- If you have any safeguarding or well-being concerns about a child or young person who lives in Hackney and is aged under 18, we can advise you or you can make a referral to us for review or investigation.
Phone : 020 8356 5500
Out of Hours: 020 8356 2710
Who are we?
The First Access & Screening Team (FAST) is a single point of contact or ‘front door’ for children and families services.
How can we help?
Professionals from children and families services, police, health and probation, work together through FAST.
They share information and make decisions about the kinds of services and levels of support children, young people and families need.
FAST share knowledge, information and professional judgements. These help to make quick decisions that assist families and referrers to get prompt access to services.
Decisions made by FAST can include:
- referral to children’s social care for a statutory social work assessment.
- referral to Early Help services such as; Childrens Centres, Family Support, Young Hackney or CAMHS
- signposting to universal or community-based services, including the voluntary sector
- providing appropriate advice and guidance
Referring agencies will be informed of decisions made through FAST.
Record Last Updated on: 09/02/2021