Skip to main content

ASC Family Intervention Worker

Hackney Education (office contact),
1 Reading Lane,
E8 1GQ
Telephone: 020 8 820 7449


The ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) Family Intervention Worker is a specialist support worker who can come and help you in your home when things are difficult.

They work with families with children who have a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum condition (including social communication difficulties)

The amount of sessions and nature of the help and intervention will be individually discussed and agreed with the families and young people directly when contact is first made. 

There is currently high demand for this service but the ASC Family Intervention Worker also runs parent information sessions in schools. Please ask your child's school if this is something they offer. 

Hackney has specialist services available for children and young people wh are autistic and their families. From training and support in school, drop in parent-carer information sessions and enhanced support youth clubs. 

Record Last Updated on: 13/01/2021

Local Offer


ASC family intervention worker. 

Hackney Education funded via the Inclusion and Specilaist Support Team. 

Contact Name
Robert Raby
Contact Telephone
020 8 820 7449
Contact Email

Other Details

Who is eligible?

The service is free to families of a child or young person who has a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition or similar.

There is an open referral policy and referrals are accepted from parents and carers as well as from professionals.

Sessions take place in the families home or at other agreed venues. 

Note: There is a waiting list and after the referral is made there may be a waiting time before a family is seen.


Referral required?


Referral Details

Referrals are accepted from parents and carers as well as from professionals.

To briefly discuss a referral call: 020 8820 7449  

Fill in the referral form available in the download section of this page and return to Robert Raby by email or the address included at the top of this entry. 

What to do if you have a complaint

How you feel about having used a service is important. Services often ask you for feedback about your experience. This is to help them understand how to make sure people they work with have a good experience.

If you have feedback about this service, something you liked or were not happy with, you can talk to the person who worked with you or, if you feel more comfortable, a service manager. They will try to help sort out any problems.

If you are still not happy with the service you can raise your concerns formally. This means someone who is not part of the service will look at your feedback or concern and see if anything can or needs to be done to help make things better.

If you need to make a formal complaint you can use the London Borough of Hackney complaints procedure.

How to Get Here

Buses: 30, 38, 388, 55, 106, 236, 242, 253, 276, 277, D6

Train: London Fields, Hackney Central, Hackney Downs

Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents

Sign in to add feedback

Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer

Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.

Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.

Help & Advice

Back to top