City & Hackney Carers Centre
Who are we?
City & Hackney Carers Centre is an information and support service for unpaid carers.
A carer is anyone who provides care, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support
You can access this service if you or the carer, or the person being cared for, live in Hackney or the City of London.
To have full access to all Carers Centre services the carer or the person being cared for must also live in Hackney or the City of London.
Where can you find us?
We currently operate a virtual office but also deliver our services in community locations across Hackney.
We plan to move to a new office location in September 2023.
Do call us to find out more.
What do we do?
Well-being Support sessions and services
- 1:1 counselling, Listening Ear sessions and coaching workshops online and by phone.
- Well-being sessions including Chair Yoga, Strength training (online and in person).
- Our virtual Monthly Coffee Mornings and information and training sessions provide opportunities to connect with others and learn helpful techniques.
Information and Advice Sessions
Our information and advice service can help you understand your rights and entitlements as a carer. We and offer the following:
- Benefit checks to ensure you and your household are accessing the right welfare benefits.
- Advice on how to apply for welfare benefits, coaching to complete applications, and form filling where required.
- Support to apply for individual grants
- Advice on navigating the health and social care system
- Housing advice and help with making complaints.
- Support with mandatory re-considerations and appealing decisions by the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions). This service is jointly with Tower Hamlets Carers Centre. These sessions are delivered either in person at Hackney Service Centre or by phone.
Talk directly to a trained adviser on our Wednesday advice helpline.
Call 020 8533 0951 between the hours of 10 am to 4 pm.
Services for Young Adult Carers
We offer a bespoke Young Adult Carer service for young people aged 16-25. This includes a weekly Youth group, 1:1 advice and support, trips, activities, and support to apply for individual grants.
Hackney Parent-Carers of Children and Young People with SEND aged 0-25
A parent carer is someone aged over 18 who provides care to and has parental responsibility or guardianship for a child with a special educational need and or disability (SEND).
Parent carers can access all the services listed above. In addition, City & Hackney Carers Centre is the new host provider for the Hackney Parent Carer Forum.
We will be working with local parent carer partners and decision-makers from the London Borough of Hackney and Health Services to co-produce the new forum.
This forum will enable parent-carers to become strategic partners in the development of relevant services. It will do this by collecting, articulating, and representing the experiences and needs of local parent-carers.
Contact us to be added to our newsletter distribution list for the latest updates and information on this work.
Keep up to date with what we offer on our social media channels
For the latest updates on our services, sessions, and opportunities follow us on social media.
SEND Local Offer
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Parents and Carers
- SEN Provision Type
Who to contact
Where to go
- Registered Office Address
(Care Of) Knox Cropper LLP
65 Leadenhall Road
EC3A 2ADView EC3A 2AD on a map
- Venue Notes
We no longer have an office space.
We deliver our services in community locations across Hackney.
Contact us for more information on 020 8533 0951
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Session Information
Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
Feedback from parents and others who have used this service
SEND Local Offer channel tags:
SEND Local Offer:
SEND Local Offer Type: