Community Children’s Nursing Team - Hackney Ark
Who are we?
Hackney's Community Children’s Nursing Team (CCNT) is a team of qualified children’s nurses who work in the community with children and their families to provide:
- specialist nursing care
- advice and training for families and carers
- Palliative care
- Complex care support and Continuing care assessment
- Oncology care support
- Enteral feeding support
- Wound care and assessment
- Monitoring conditions
- Blood monitoring
- Intravenous medication
The Children's Community Nursing Team is based at Hackney Ark - centre for children and young people with disability and special educational needs.
What do we do?
The service aims to:
- Prevent hospital admission and help children be able to to return home early from hospital
- Support and enable families to care for individual children with nursing needs arising from medical conditions, life limiting or life threatening conditions
- Empower and enable individual children and their families to become more independent in managing their child’s condition
- Provide a responsive service based around the needs of the child and family
- Work in partnerships with other health settings such as hospitals to perform specific nursing tasks for children with acute health needs
- Support with Continuing Care for those with complex needs
- Provide and service (check) appropriate medical equipment and supplies in a timely manner to enable the child to remain in the home, community, nursery or school setting
We can visit children in the home and or make visits to their nursery or school setting.
SEND Local Offer
- Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years and Pregnancy 0-4
Primary 4 -10
Preparing for Adulthood 14-18
- SEN Provision Type
Who to contact
- 020 7014 7096 020 7014 7096
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Down Park Road
E8 2FPView E8 2FP on a map
- Venue Notes
Buses: 30, 56, 67, 76, 149, 243, 276
Train: Dalston Kingsland, Hackney Downs
Parking: limited parking for patients
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Session Information
Monday – Sunday 8am -6pm
- Who is eligible?
Children and young people aged 0 to 18 years of age who:
- live in Hackney or The City of London and be registered with a City &Hackney GP
- have a 'Nursing Need'
Children and Young People until their transition to adult services at their 18th birthday who are:
- known to the service
- continue to be in full time education
- have ongoing continuation of care needs
- Referral required?
- Referral Details
- We require 24 hours’ notice for a routine visit.
- Any professional can refer but referrals must be made with a registered GP in Hackney and City
- Parents or carers can refer to the services in case of re-occurrence of a previous condition the service has already supported with
- What to do if you have a complaint
If you have a concern about the care you or a relative or friend is receiving you should talk to the person in charge of your care or the manager of the department.
If you prefer to discuss your concern with someone independent of your care team, you can contact PALS (Patient Liaison and Advice Service).
The PALS team can help resolve queries and concerns quickly. If you are not happy with the outcome then they can provide advice about the formal complaints process.
PALS, Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Homerton Row, London E9 6SR
Phone 020 8510 7315 (Out of office hours voicemail service available)
Textphone: 07584 445 400
- Can parents & young people buy this service as part of their SEND personal budget?
- SEND Personal Budget - Notes
- Those who meet the Children and Young People Continuing Care Criteria can use this to buy services through Homerton University Hospital Trust which provides nursing care as set out in a nursing care plan.
Feedback from parents and others who have used this service
SEND Local Offer channel tags:
- Health and Specialist Services
- Parents and carers
- Carers support
- Support for your child
- Hackney’s Disabled Children’s Service
- Respite - Short Breaks
- Hackney Ark NHS children’s community specialist services
- Early help
- Short Breaks
- Family Support and Social Care
- NHS and specialist disability services
Family channel tags:
SEND Local Offer: