By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Who we are:
The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) within the Ministry of Defence provides advice, support and guidance to parents in all 3 services (Army, Navy and Air Force) and eligible Ministry Of Defence civilian families about the educational well-being of the children and young people including issues relating to Special Educational Needs.
It can also advise educational establishments and local authorities about the educational well-being of the children and young people of Service families.
All advice given is impartial, child-centred and focuses on the best interests of the individual.
What we do:
CEAS advice to families, young people and services covers a wide range of educational issues including:
- parental rights and responsibilities
- children or young person’s rights and responsibilities
- special educational needs and/or disability
- school admissions and appeals
- overseas education in non-Ministry od Defence school areas
- retention of quarters for educational purposes
- continuity of education allowance
The CEAS team is made up of qualified teachers and experienced case advisors who answer question usually by e-mail or via the helpline.
E- mails are checked every working day and allocated to case workers to provide the required action.
Record Last Updated on: 24/10/2018