Who we are...
The Children’s Education Advisory Service (CEAS) within the Ministry of Defence provides advice, support and guidance to parents in all 3 services; Army, Navy and Air Force and eligible Ministry Of Defence civilian families about educational well-being of their children and young people including issues relating to Special Educational Needs (SEN).
It can also advise educational settings and local authorities about the educational well-being of the children and young people of Service families.
All advice given is impartial, child-centred and is focused on the best interests of the individual.
What we do...
CEAS advice to families, young people and services covers a wide range of education issues including:
- parental rights and responsibilities
- children or young person’s rights and responsibilities
- special educational needs and/or disability
- school admissions and appeals
- overseas education in non-Ministry of Defence school areas
- retention of quarters for educational purposes
- continuity of education allowance
The CEAS team is made up of qualified teachers and experienced case advisors who answer question usually by e-mail or through the helpline.
E- mails are checked every working day and allocated to case workers to provide the follow up action if required.
Record Last Updated on: 23/11/2020