By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Corona virus service update
The Resource Centre coordinator continues to be available via phone or e-mail and is continuing to offer support to parents and carers remotely.
If you need information or support normally available please contact Sarah.
- 0207 014 7006
Sarah is supporting the NHS efforts to support vulnerable families and residents from 9am-1230pm but will respond to messages, e-mails and calls in the afternoons.
We are also sharing SEND updates and information in a jointly produced SEND Newsletter. This is a collaboration between Hackney's Local Offer and Hackney Ark's Resource Centre coordinators Ella and Sarah.
Covid period Joint SEND Newsletter Issue 2 May 2020
Covid period Joint SEND Newsletter Issue 1 May 2020
Who we are
The Resource Centre is a one stop shop for information, advice and support welcoming professionals, parents/carers of children with disabilities and SEN and young people themselves.
What we do
The range of services available when you visit include:
- a library of books
- a sensory space for children to play in (with parents/carers supervision)
- information leaflets
- funding packs
- Resource Centre newsletter
- two public computers with internet access and learning aids
- Support to fill in Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Personal Independence Payments (PIP) forms by appointment
- space where other services run support groups. e.g. SENDIAGS drop in sessions, Parent carer forum - HiP sessions, As1 parent support group, ASD parent information sessions, Sensory Processing workshops.
SENDIAGS Drop in advice session - Every Tuesday Term Time 10:00am -2:00pm
Find out more: SENDIAGS (SEND Information, Advice and Guidance Service)
Support filling in forms from other Hackney services...
For support filling in forms such as DLA (Disability Living Allowance) if the Resource Centre Coordinator is not available please contact one of the following organisations who also provide this service:
Hackney Advice Service - Specialising in Disability and Immigration...
Phone: 020 7 001 1728 or 07983898918
Phone: 020 3621 3323
Phone: 020 7633 4531
Phone: 020 8525 6350 or 0844 499 1195
Record Last Updated on: 10/09/2020