Skip to main content

London Taxicard


Taxicard offers subsidised travel in licensed taxis and private hire vehicles to London residents with serious mobility impairments or who are severely sight impaired. It enables members who have difficulty in using buses, trains & tubes to get out and about.

The scheme provides trips for social purposes, for example going shopping, visiting friends and family, and going out to events.

You may be accompanied by up to four companions if you are traveling in a Black Taxi and up to three in a Private Hire Vehicle at no additional cost.

apply for a taxi card


To make your first booking, please call CityFleet on 020 7763 5001 or 020 7082 3131. Your first trip cannot be a street hiring or an internet booking, as this will result in you being charged the full fare.

When you call for the first time you will need to register your details by providing the following information:

  • your name and Taxicard number
  • full address, postcode and phone numbers
  • any special requirements, such as if you are a wheelchair user

Other Details


Members always pay a minimum contribution towards the fare. It is important to remember that Taxicard journeys can be expensive if you travel longer distances. Your Taxicard is best suited to short journeys in and

Referral Details

To qualify, applicants must have a long term or permanent illness or disability, which prevents them from using or significantly limits their use of public transport.

If you have a disability lasting for more than 12 months you may qualify for a Taxicard.

You are automatically eligible for membership if you:

  • receive the Higher Rate Mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
  • receive standard or enhanced Mobility Rate of the PIP
  • are registered as Severely Sight Impaired/Blind (Being partially sighted does not allow automatic entry)
  • receive a War Pension Mobility Supplement

If you are not in one of the above categories you may still apply, but you may be asked to provide further detailed personal information.

What to do if you have a complaint

If you wish to comment or complain about the Taxicard scheme, you should initially contact CityFleet by phone, email or letter. Complaints should be address to CityFleet Network Limited.

CityFleet Network Limited

CityFleet Customer Services:  020 7908 0271


London Councils will receive copies of all complaints and the taxi company's response.

If you are not happy with the response or feel the reply does not address your concerns, you can contact London Councils Taxicard.


London Councils

59½ Southwark Street

London SE1 0AL

Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents

Sign in to add feedback

Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer

Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.

Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.

Help & Advice

Back to top