Who we are
Young Hackney Sports Unit (YHSU), supports young people through encouraging healthy and active lifestyles. We support school's Physical Education (PE) and run youth activity projects for those with SEND (special educational need or disability).
The Young Hackney Inspire - Junior Sport and physical activity group is aimed at young people aged 7-12 who:
- have additional needs
- want to take part in fitness activities and
- want to try a variety of different sports and physical activities
- and hang out in a relaxed, unpressured and fun space.
If you are over 12 years of age but not yet 14 (the age range for Young Hackney Inspire - seniors sport and physical activity group) please do conatct the service to see what may be a suitable alternative.
What can you do at the Young Hackney Inspire - seniors sport and physical activity group?
- Trampolining, basketball, boccia, badminton, football and other sports
- Opportunity to join individual or group sporting activities
- Relaxation activities
- Quiet areas
Young Hackney Inspire - seniors sport and physical activity group also...
- Provides a safe space for young people to come and take part in new activities.
- Provides a place to meet regularly, chat and develop friendships with other young people.
- Provides a supportive environment to develop social skills.
Parents are welcome to stay in the centre but also free to leave
Find out what other activtites we offer for young people with SEND: Young Hackney School and Youth Sports Unit
This club is suitable for young people with mild to moderate social communication, physical or learning needs.
Staff ratio: 1 adult to 4 children.
Record Last Updated on: 10/01/2018