Offers advocacy, advice and support to anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough and is experiencing domestic violence or any form of abuse. We support both men and women over the age of 18 years of age and link young people aged 16 – 18 with a specialist youth worker. Face to face appointments are offered to all clients who are in need. If we are unable to support a client due to their circumstances falling outside of our remit, we will signpost them to appropriate services.
The team offers:
- Domestic abuse helpline and advocate service (service also available in Turkish and Bengali)
- A male support worker
- Additional domestic abuse advocacy via nia, voluntary sector organisation
- Counselling Service for victims of trauma
- Advice and information to professionals supporting victims of Domestic Violence
- A MARAC coordinator who receives high risk referrals from a range of professionals and lists them for the next meeting of the MARAC (held every three weeks). This conference of key professionals will consider all aspects of the case and determine a multi-agency action plan to help to reduce the risk to the victim/s. The referring agency should attend the MARAC.
- Support/advice service for victims via Thames Specialist Domestic Violence Court
- VAWG Forum open to all agencies
Time / Date Details
Time of day
Monday to Friday 9.30 - 5pm (by appointment only)
Self referral or by an agency.
If by an agency a referral form to be completed.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have any feedback about the service you received – something you like or are not happy with; then do talk about it with the worker or manager in the service, so that they can look at how they deliver their service.
If you have a situation that you are still not happy about then you can raise it formally as part of the London Borough of Hackney complaints procedure; click here for more information.
How to Get Here
Buses: 26, 48, 55, 106, 254
Train: London Fields
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.