Who we are:
The Health Integration Team (HIT) squad is a team of health professionals who work within Short Breaks. We aim to improve access to leisure activities for all children with additional needs in Hackney.
The team is made up of different professionals including:
- Occupational Therapist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Speech and language Therapist
What we do:
We can use our specialist therapeutic knowledge to:
- Offer training to any leisure provider in Hackney to improve access for all children/young people with additional needs.
- Support Leisure Providers in Hackney to set up new groups or adapt existing groups to support inclusive play.
- Accept individual referrals to support to any child/young person known to the Short Breaks team who is having difficulty accessing the leisure activity of their choice. We aim to work together to make sure that the leisure activity meets the child/young person’s individual physical, behavioural, sensory or communication needs.
Parents and carers are welcome to get in touch if you, your child or young person might need help with any of the following….
- Ensuring that the facility/activity that is chosen can meet the child/young person’s needs
- Supporting the child/young person within the setting (including joining them for their first visit, monitoring how they settle in and helping to solve any problems if they arise)
- Training the staff working at the service so that they feel confident in meeting the child/young person’s needs
- Helping to source funding for specialist equipment (if appropriate) to make activity more inclusive
Clissold Leisure Centre - Inclusive Activities - HiT Squad leaflet
Kings Hall Leisure Centre - Inclusive Activities - HiT Squad leaflet
Britannia Leisure Centre - Inclusive Activities - HiT Squad leaflet
Record Last Updated on: 25/06/2019
Time / Date Details
Time of day
Available on Wednesdays and Fridays 9am - 5pm
Assements and observations may be at other times but are by appointment
We accept referrals from parents, professionals and short breaks/play/leisure providers.
When professionals or providers refer to us they should make sure the parent or carer is aware of the referral.
Children/young people must be registered with Short Breaks before they are referred for Hit Squad support.
We have a short referral form for professionals and providers.
Parents can refer their child to the service by phone if they prefer.
How to Get Here
Buses: 30, 56, 67, 76, 149, 243, 276
Train: Dalston Kingsland, Hackney Downs
Parking: limited parking for patients
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.