Hackney Picturhouse is a six screen cinema in the heart of Hackney, with café-bar & fifth floor venue and room hire for children’s parties and events.
- Big Scream: Exclusively for parents or carers with babies under the age of one
- Toddler Time: Exclusively for preschool children and their parents or carers.
- Kids' Club: Exclusively for children and their parents or carers
- AD or Audio Description is available for this film, and is undetectable to anyone not wearing a headset
- Student membership and E4 Slackers Club
- Silver Screen for adults over 60
- Screen Art sessions – National Theatre Live – screenings of productions or popular national exhibitions with in depth talks.
See their website for full and latest information.
Autism friendly cinema club especially for people on the autistic spectrum
Thse screenings are only for those who are autistic or have other needs realted to having a disability.
- no trailers or advertisements
- lights left on low throughout the film
- reduced volume
- freedom to move around, make noise and sit where you like
- you are welcome to take a break and leave the screen whenever you need to
- tickets are charged at a reduced rate, starting from £3.00 per person
- a relaxed and welcoming environment where staff are sensitive to the needs of children and families with autism
Family members and carers are also welcome.
Hackney Picturehouse autisum friendly screenings are on the third Sunday of each month at 11am
All tickets for autism screenings are £ 3:00
Audio description performances regularly available
Cinema audio description (AD) is a fantastic service for people with sight loss. The normal film soundtrack is broadcast to cinema speakers in the usual way, whilst a recorded narrator explains what's happening on screen - in gaps in the dialogue - through personal headphones.
Audio Description / AD is available for some films, and is undetectable to anyone not wearing a headset
Carers membership - Hackney Picturehouse - CEA Card scheme
Hackney Picturehouse takes part in the CEA Card scheme. A national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA).
The Card enables a disabled cinema guest to receive a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them when they visit a participating cinema.
The Card is also one way for cinemas to make sure they look after their disabled guests. If you require an adjustment to visit a cinema because of your disability please speak with a member of the cinema's staff.
Apply for a CEA card: www.ceacard.co.uk/apply
If you would like to talk to someone regarding accessibility at the cinema, please call the Picturehouse dedicated helpline on 0207 294 7908
Alternatively please check out their website which provides some helpful information about your visits. Hackney Picturehouse - disability access
Record Last Updated on: 20/08/2020