Skip to main content

Centre for Better Health - Counselling

Centre for Better Health,
1a Darnley Road,
E9 6QH
Telephone: 0208 985 3570


Who we are:

The Centre for Better Health is a community-based charity that supports well-being and recovery from mental ill-health. We recognise a healthy community is an inclusive community in which individuals can live satisfying and hopeful lives and where there is no stigma about mental ill health. 


What we do: Counselling                                       

The Centre for Better Health counselling and psychotherapy service provides inexpensive access to talking therapies offering a low-cost integrative counselling service.

Integrative counselling is a combined approach to psychotherapy that brings together different elements of specific therapies. Integrative therapists take the view that there is no single approach that can treat each individual client in all situations and that people need to be considered as a whole and support should be tailored to individual needs and personal circumstances.

Our team of counsellors and psychotherapists offer a wide range of therapeutic approaches including: 

  • Person Centred
  • Gestalt
  • Existential
  • Core Process and
  • Psychodynamic

Concerns we may be able to help with include; Aggression, Anxiety, Bereavement, Depression, Domestic Problems, Emotional Difficulties, LGBT, PTSD, Relationship Problems, Stress and Work Related Difficulties.

Find out more about our other projects: Centre for Better Health


If you are in distress we would advise contacting your GP first. 

If you need to talk to someone immediately phone the Samaritans: 116 123 (calls are free and their helpline is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week)

Record Last Updated on: 15/05/2019

Time / Date Details

Time of day

  • Morning
  • Afternoon
  • Evening

Session Information

Monday to Friday from 9am- 5pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening sessions are from 5pm- 8pm

Other Details


£5 per session for clients who are unemployed and receiving benefits or on state pension
£20 for those with an income under £20,000 per year
£40 for those with an income over £20,000 per year

Who is eligible?

For people dealing with or in recovery from mental health issues. 

Referral required?


What to do if you have a complaint

Feedback or complaints can be submitted in writing addressed to the Centre Manager by e-mail or via post to the Centre for Better Health, 1a Darnley Road, E9 6QH. 

How to Get Here

Local Bus Numbers: 30, 38 ,48, 55, 106, 236, 242, 253, 254, 276, 277, 394, D6, W15

Train: Hackney Central Overground

Parking: No disabled parking. Pay and Display on Darnley Road

Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents

Sign in to add feedback

Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer

Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.

Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.

Help & Advice

Back to top