By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Stormont House is a mixed day community special school for up to 100 pupils aged 11-17 who have complex and inter-related:
- social and emotional
- social communication or
- mental health needs
Most pupils live in Hackney, but there are currently pupils on roll from other boroughs across London.
Message from the Headteacher:
"I have the good fortune to be Headteacher of this outstanding school and I’d like to tell you a bit more about us:
- The pupils are terrific: all have well-documented difficulties, but all come with untapped strengths and talents too. They each make massive journeys in their learning and personal development from start to finish (even though there may be bumps in the road at times!)
- We’ve been judged as ‘outstanding’ three times by Ofsted (2005, 2008, 2014) - one of the very first outstanding schools in the country. Our vision aims even higher: ‘Achievement for all in a unique world-class school’. Click here to read our Ofsted reports.
- We intend to be the best in the world at what we do; to achieve this we need staff who are already very good and also intend to be the best at what they do
- We take all that stuff in our School Development Plan very seriously: creativity; excellent teaching and learning; a nurturing learning community; vibrant partnerships; first-class resources
- We know we’re far from perfect; we make mistakes but try to learn from them.
- We’re not a school that works for every type or complexity of need, so please read about ‘Who the school is for...’ here (also available in the download section of this page).
- We are one of the lead schools in the Hackney Teaching Schools’ Alliance (HTSA). This means that we work closely with other schools to improve teacher training and sharing best practice.
- We also have a unique Sixth Form offer.
For additional information visit our website at the top of the page or here.
Please do get in touch using the ‘contact’ page if you have any additional questions.