Children’s Centres are a community hub offering a wide range of services in the local community that is available to all. They are specifically designed for children under the age of five and their families to use the wide range of services.
They offer services such as:
- FREE stay and play sessions
- nursery and child-minders (charges do apply)
- Health services
- family support
- help and support to get into training and employment
Some activities take place in the centre, and some nearby.
What support is on offer from Children’s Centres?
Find out more: Children's Centres in Hackney
What activities are available?
Clapton Park Children’s Centre Activity Timetables is available from the following page: Clapton Park Children’s Centre
Health services on offer in Children's Centres include:
- Speech and language therapy - speech and language therapists can help your child if they are finding it hard to talk
- HENRY - FREE fun programme designed to give babies and young children (0-5 years) a good start and to help the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The programme covers; healthy nutrition, oral health, active lifestyles, breastfeeding and parenting
- Mental health services - Direct support to children and families such as counselling, or support to your child
- Portage service - Portage works with children up to age three with a disability and their families in the home to improve a child’s development
Record Last Updated on: 12/03/2018