By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Children’s Centres are designed specifically for families with children aged under five living in Hackney.
- FREE stay and play sessions
- nursery and child-minders (you have to pay for these)
- Health services
- family support
- help and support to get into training and employment
Some activities take place in the centre, and some nearby.
What support is on offer from Children’s Centres?
Nursery provision: Minik Kardes Children's Centre and Community Nursery
Find out more: Children's Centres in Hackney
What activities are available?
For the latest information please check the centre's website.
Minik Kardes Community Nursery & Children's Centre activities timetable is also available to download from the following page: Minik Kardes Community Nursery & Children's Centre in Hackney
Minik Kardes Children's Centre have a sensory room located in the garden.
The sensory room is bookable in advance for parents with children with SEND.
The sensory room can also be booked by professionals and services for speech and language sessions.
Health services on offer in Children's Centres include:
- Speech and language therapy - speech and language therapists can help your child if they are finding it hard to talk
- Midwifery - advice, information and support for pregnant and new parents
- HENRY - FREE fun programme designed to give babies and young children (0-5 years) a good start and to help the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The programme covers; healthy nutrition, oral health, active lifestyles, breastfeeding and parenting
- Mental health services - Direct support to children and families such as counselling, or support to your child
- Portage service - Portage works with children up to age three with a disability and their families in the home to improve a child’s development
Record Last Updated on: 27/07/2018