Children’s Centres are designed specifically for families with children aged under five living in Hackney.
- FREE stay and play sessions
- nursery and child-minders (you have to pay for these)
- Health services
- family support
- help and support to get into training and employment
Some activities take place in the centre, and some nearby.
What support is on offer from Children’s Centres?
Find out more: Children's Centres in Hackney
What activities are available?
Sebright Children’s Centre Children’s Centre Activity Timetable is available from the following page: Sebright Children’s Centre
Health services on offer in Children's Centres include:
- Speech and language therapy - speech and language therapists can help your child if they are finding it hard to talk
- Midwifery - advice, information and support for pregnant and new parents
- HENRY - FREE fun programme designed to give babies and young children (0-5 years) a good start and to help the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The programme covers; healthy nutrition, oral health, active lifestyles, breastfeeding and parenting
- Mental health services - Direct support to children and families such as counselling, or support to your child
- Portage service - Portage works with children up to age three with a disability and their families in the home to improve a child’s development
Record Last Updated on: 27/07/2018
Some activities carry a charge - Please contact the centre for more information
Who is eligible?
Universal access by Hackney families with children aged 0 – 5 years.
Some speacilist services require a referral from a worker such as health visitor, family support worker, GP
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have any feedback for the Children’s Centre, then do talk about it with the worker or manager. If you are not happy with their response and wish to make a formal complaint, then ask the reception for the school complaints procedure (as this Children’s Centre is part of a school) More information on school complaints can be found on Hackney Learning Trust’s website here – Schools Complaints Procedure
How to Get Here
Buses: 26, 48, 55, 236, 394
Train: Haggerston, Hoxton
Parking: No parking restrictions, disabled parking available
Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents
Sign in to add feedback
Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer
Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.
Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.