By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Who we are:
HiP is the official forum for Hackney parents/carers, run by parents and carers for anyone whose child (0-25) has any kind of disability, SEN or additional needs.
HiP is part of a wider network of parent carer forums know as The National Netwrok of Parents Carer Forums (NNPCF). A network of local forums who meet in local and regional settings and who work together to effect local and national service improvement through participation and coproduction with parent carers.
What we do:
HiP work with education, health and social care professionals and providers to try and get families’ voices heard wherever decisions are being made. Forum activities include:
- Passing on information to parents and carers about services their child/young person might use
- Organising activities to find out what families think about current services
- Taking parents’ concerns forward to service managers
- Representing parents on the various committees set up to help with the SEN reforms (like the one which planned the Local Offer)
- Training and mentoring parents interested in becoming representatives
- Helping to improve communication between families and services
- Organising events and training days
- Helping families find the right services
- Linking with forums in other parts of the UK to share ideas
HiP is run by a steering committee elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
New in 2018!
HiP will be holding regular drop in sessions at Hackney Ark - Resource Centre.
Downs Park Road,
Drop in sessions will be on Thursdays term time.
A representative for HiP will be available from 9:30am - 12:30pm.
Contact HiP to find out more about:
- being on the steering committee
- representing HiP at meetings or
- to share information and experiences about using disability services for a child or young person
e-mail and phone contact details above.
Parent Carer Forums include parent carers with a range of experiences in Health, Education and Social Care as their children have a wide range of conditions.
Parents in the wider network of parent carer forums know as The NNPCF total over 77,000: they contribute to local, regional and national consultations.
Parent carer forums continue to develop closer working relationships with local authorities and health authorities at all levels, including local working with Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
See here for more information: http://www.nnpcf.org.uk/
Record Last Updated on: 13/05/2018