Skip to main content

Wentworth Nursery School & Children’s Centre

Granard House,
Bradstock Road,
E9 5EX
Telephone: 020 8985 3491


Children’s Centres are a community hub offering a wide range of services in the local community that is available to all. They are specifically designed for children under the age of five and their families to use the wide range of services.  

They offer services such as: 

  • FREE stay and play sessions
  • nursery and child-minders (charges do apply)
  • Health services
  • family support
  • help and support to get into training and employment

Some activities take place in the centre, and some nearby.  


What support is on offer from Children’s Centres?

Find out more: Children's Centres in Hackney

What activities are available?

Clapton Park Children’s Centre Activity Timetables is available from the following pageClapton Park Children’s Centre


Health services on offer in Children's Centres include:

  • Speech and language therapy - speech and language therapists can help your child if they are finding it hard to talk
  • HENRY - FREE fun programme designed to give babies and young children (0-5 years) a good start and to help the whole family to adopt a healthier lifestyle. The programme covers; healthy nutrition, oral health, active lifestyles, breastfeeding and parenting
  • Mental health services - Direct support to children and families such as counselling, or support to your child
  • Portage service - Portage works with children up to age three with a disability and their families in the home to improve a child’s development


Record Last Updated on: 27/07/2018

Time / Date Details

Time of day

  • Morning
  • Afternoon

Session Information

Monday to Thursday 9am - 5pm
Friday 9am - 4pm
Dates advertised on website and in centre

Other Details



Who is eligible?

Universal access by Hackney families with children aged 0 – 5 years.

Referral required?


Referral Details

Some speacilist services require a referral from a worker such as Hhealth visitor, family support worker, GP

What to do if you have a complaint

If you have any feedback for the Children’s Centre, then do talk about it with the worker or manager.  If you are not happy with their response and wish to make a formal complaint, then ask the reception for the school complaints procedure (as this Children’s Centre is part of a school) 

More information on school complaints can be found on Hackney Learning Trust’s website here – Schools Complaints Procedure

How to Get Here

Buses: 30, 488

Train: Homerton

Parking: Controlled parking zone, disabled parking available

Your Feedback | The Likes & Dislikes from real parents

Sign in to add feedback

Lovely approach to children who need extra help
Nice space caring stafff

Disclaimer-important information about the Hackney Local Offer

Hackney's Local Offer website is a free and impartial service provided by the London Borough of Hackney in partnership with the NHS, local education, health and community services. The information contained within the website is available for the purposes of identifying services and provision that may be available to children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities.

This information does not represent a recommendation or an endorsement of a Service or Provider and neither does the London Borough of Hackney or its partners make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information. Anyone seeking to use or access a service or provision is responsible for undertaking their own checks to determine the suitability and fitness for purpose of that service and provision. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Hackney Local Offer.

Some providers will be registered and inspected by external agencies, such as Ofsted or the Care Quality Commission. Anyone working with children and young people will be required to have appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service Check (the replacement for the Criminal Record Check), safeguarding policies and insurance in place, which they should make available to you on request.

Help & Advice

Back to top