Developing Independence Skills - Helping your child learn to be independent and participate (run by therapies services from Hackney Ark)
This online service is a new way of working to ensure safe access to our services
Webinar release dates:
- 28th September 2020
- 26th October 2020
- 23rd November 2020
- 14th December 2020
You will be emailed a link to a YouTube video presentation along with a deadline to reply to say if you’d like further input.
What will happen after the workshop?
- You will have the opportunity to join up to 4 virtual group sessions taking place each Friday from 10—10.45am following the release of the webinar at the beginning of each month. You will be asked to let us know by a certain date if you would like to attend the group sessions.
- This group will be facilitated by OT and is for parents/carers/education staff who have watched the webinar and would like the opportunity to discuss goals, strategies and concerns with OT. This will also be an chance to share experiences with other parents/carers/education staff.
- If you are planning on joining the group sessions, you will be asked to have a specific goal in mind for your child.
The workshop aims to:
1. Provide you with an overview of occupational therapy and supporting your child to participate in every day activities
2. Increase understanding of your child’s difficulties self-care and school based skills.
3. Support you to identify a goal that you want to work on with your child.
4. To problem solve why your child may be having difficulties with their goal.
5. Support you to identify strategies to support your child achieve their goals.
Your child does not need a referral to OT for you to access this online workshop but you must contact us to book your place in advance. Call or email to be added to the waiting list: