Who are we?
City and Hackney's Duty Social Worker is an emergency out of hours social work service to support those living in the City and Hackney if they are in a social care crisis situation.
The Duty Social Worker can respond during the following times:
- 24 hour service at weekends
- 24 hour service on bank holidays
- out of hours weekday service after 5pm and before 9am
Please note that there is only one officer on out of hours duty at a time.
If the duty social worker cannot answer the call immediately please leave your phone number and other essential details on the answering machine and you will be re-contacted as soon as possible.
Who can the service help?
This service is provided for City of London and Hackney residents with non-medical emergency social care needs, such as:
- emergency mental health needs, including assessments
- welfare needs of vulnerable people in custody
- emergency needs assessments for people with physical and learning disabilities and older people.
- child protection issues, including homeless children and young people within the requirement of the 1989 Children's Act
- urgent needs assessment
- information and advice
What will happen when you contact the service?
When you contact the service you can expect:
- a response to, and action concerning your referral within 2 hours
- a professional response to your situation
- appropriate action
Record Last Updated on: 03/09/2021