Hackney and City's Duty Social Worker is an emergency out of hours social work service to support those living in Hackney and City if they are in a social care crisis situation.
The Duty Social Worker can respond during the following times:
- at weekends
- on bank holidays
- after 5pm on weekdays
Please note that there is only one officer on duty at a time.
In the absence of a social worker please leave your phone number and other essential details on the answering machine and you will be re-contacted as soon as possible.
What does the service deal with?
Hackney and City of London residents' non-medical emergency social care needs, such as:
- emergency mental health needs, including assessments
- welfare needs of vulnerable people in custody
- emergency needs assessments for people with physical and learning disabilities and older people.
- child protection issues, including homeless children and young people within the requirement of the 1989 Children's Act
- urgent needs assessment
- information and advice
What can you expect?
- A response to, and action concerning your referral within two hours
- professional response to your situation
- appropriate action
Who can access the service?
Anyone in Hackney or the City of London who is experiencing a social care related crisis out of normal working hours.
Record Last Updated on: 30/06/2020