Adolescent Mental Health Team

Service details

The Adolescent Mental Health Team provides the early intervention in psychosis service to offer quick identification of the first onset of a psychotic disorder and appropriate treatment including:

  • intensive support
  • crisis intervention
  • assertive outreach and
  • home treatment in the early phase

The service also provides assessment and treatment of mental health problems of an acute and severe nature for young people including:

  • complex Eating Disorders
  • Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • anxiety and
  • depression

The service implements appropriate discharge planning, liaison and community outreach in conjunction with the Coborn Centre for Adolescent Mental Health (in-patient unit)

The Adolescent Mental Health Team is multidisciplinary and consists of:

  • consultant child and adolescent psychiatrists
  • clinical psychologist
  • systemic family therapists
  • specialist mental health nurses and
  • mental health clinicians

SEND Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
Secondary 11-14
Preparing for Adulthood 14-18
Young Adults 18 - 25
SEN Provision Type
  • Targeted
  • Specialist

Who to contact

020 8809 5577 020 8809 5577
Scan to visit this website

Where to go

Adolescent Mental Health Team
John Scott Health Centre
Green Lanes

N4 2NU

View N4 2NU on a map
Venue Notes

Buses: 141, 253, 254, 341

Tube: Manor House

Parking: Car park/disabled parking available

Time / Date Details

Time of day
  • Morning
  • Afternoon
Session Information
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm

Other details

Who is eligible?

Young people aged from 12 up to their 18th birthday, who are showing signs of the first onset of a psychotic disorder or who have mental health problems of an acute and severe nature including complex eating disorders, anxiety disorders, depression and psychosis requiring an intensive and/or outreach service.

The young person should be registered with a City of London or Hackney GP.

Referral required?


Referral Details

Young people are referred to the Core CAMHS Service via their GP or other primary health care professional.  Their referral will be screened by a referral panel and may be referred to us from there if there is a clear diagnosis.  If diagnosis is not clear they will undergo an assessment and then be referred to us if necessary.

If a young person has been admitted to an adolescent inpatient unit they will be referred to us to facilitate discharge to the community.

What to do if you have a complaint

Complaints can be made to a clinician or manager in the service or alternatively through the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).

The service can be contacted on 020 8510 7315 or

Can parents & young people buy this service as part of their SEND personal budget?


Feedback from parents and others who have used this service

Sign in to write a review


Read our disclaimer - important information about Hackney SEND Local Offer and FIS


Save to shortlist
Tell us if this information needs changing


SEND Local Offer:

Provision type:

SEND Local Offer Type:

Conditions supported:

Last Updated

Last modified: