By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
The Shine a Light Award is for individuals or organisations in the UK who have an excellent plan in place to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs (SLC/N), or have adopted a fresh and innovative approach to longstanding SLC/N challenges or problems.
There are different awards for settings, as well as an award for children and young people themselves.
Previous winners from Hackney include:
- Hackney's Speech and Language Therapy team who won a Highly Commended for the Team of the Year
- Millfields has won Primary School of the Year
- Wentworth has won Early Years setting of the year
- Artburst won an Innovation Award
- New Regents won SEN School of the Year
Find out more: Shine a Light Awards - Previous winners
The Shine a Light Awards 2019 catagories are:
- Early Years Setting of the Year Award
- Primary School of the Year Award
- Secondary School/College of the Year Award
- SEN School/Group of the Year Award
- SLCN Innovation of the Year Award
- Communication Champion of the Year Award
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication of the Year Award
- Youth Justice of the Year Award
- Child/Young Person of the Year Award
- The Katie Rough Memorial Award
- Outstanding Achievement of the Year Award
- Journalist of the Year Award
Closing Date - All nominations must be received by midnight (UK time) 20th December 2018 .
Find out more: Nominate - Shine a Light Award 2019
All nominator’s will be informed as to whether they/their nominee have been shortlisted for an award between 4th and 5th February 2019.