Our aim in creating this Documents Library is to make it easier and quicker for partners working in SEND, including parent-carers, to be able to quickly find the latest versions of SEND policy and guidance documents or templates.
Documents related to specific services or teams e.g. referral forms or team policies will remain with the team's service entry in the directory. These can be searched for by the team name or relevant keywords.
Most documents will open in a separate window to view or download.
Some documents are templates to be worked on and will download automatically when the link is activated and can then be opened, worked on, saved and sent.
Access the following information below...
- Hackney Special Educational Needs and Disability (strategies and policies)...
- Education, Heath and Care (EHC) assessments - guidance, request forms and planning documents...
- Leisure, Early Help and Social Care - Guides and information....
- Home to School - Travel Assistance for pupils with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Autism support - local guidance and referral forms...
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) and Dyslexia - guidance and policies..
- Pupils with medical needs - policies and support
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Guides to services for children and young people
- Hackney's Local Offer website - purpose and reports
- National NHS, Government and strategic partners guidance....
Page last modified: 13/10/21
- Hackney Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Strategy (0-25) 2017-2020
- Hackney Education's School Accessibility Strategy
- Hackney's Graduated Response (PDF 846KB)
- Hackney Education's Special Equipment Policy (updated September 2019)
- Hackney Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Post 16 Strategy 2017-2020
- Hackney Child Wellbeing Framework (updated June 2021)
- City and Hackney Disabled Children and Young Peoples Needs Assessment 2017
Education, Health and Care Plans - Guidance...
- Obtaining the views and opinions of children and young people Guidance for Schools and Professionals
- Education, Health and Care Plan - guidance criteria
- Annual Review and Phase Transfer Process - Guidance on young people with Education, Health and Care Plans in Year 11 and above (Pdf)
- Provision Mapping and Management Guide and materials for schools and professionals (V3)
EHC Needs Assessment request forms...
- Professionals Request form for Statutory Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment 2019
- Education, Health and Care needs assessment - young person's request form (this form will download as a word document and can then be completed, saved and returned)
- Education, Health and Care needs assessment - parent/carer request form (this form will download as a word document and can then be completed, saved and returned)
Post 16 Education Health and Care Plan documents and templates
- Schedule 2 / SEND Post 16 High Needs Funding Request Form 2020-21 - Blank template (this form will download as a word document and can then be completed, saved and returned)
- Annual Review and Phase Transfer Process - Guidance on young people with EHC Plans in Year 11 and above 2021-2022 (PDF 169KB)
EHCP templates and examples...
- EHC Plan Template 0-13 (Final Version 2017)
- EHC Plan Template Preparing for Adulthood (Year 9 and upward)
- EHC South Team completed example EHC Plan
- EHCP Annual Reviews Guidance 2018
- Person Centred Annual Review - Agenda
- Parent-Carer report for annual review
- Education Setting - Staff report
- Child or young person 'All about me' booklet
- EHC Plan - Annual Review Form (updated June18)
- Preparing for Adulthood Annual Review Form 14-25 (updated June18)
Hackney EHC Plan Coordinators - Allocation by school or education setting...
These are the latest travel assistance related documents:
- SEND Travel Assistance - guidance (document)
- Home to school - Travel Assistance Application (form)
- Post 16 - Travel Assistance Application (form)
- Travel Assistance- change of circumstance (form)
These forms, guidance and templates can be found here in the School transport for children and young people with SEND help and advice article.
- SCAC - Social Communication Assessment Clinic for children aged 5 to 12 years of age) Referral form
- Hackney Education Position Statement - Approaches to Autism
- Criteria for admission to specialist provision for children with autism (pdf)
- Panel process 2021-22 ARP Allocations
- ARP Referral forms and further information can be found here
- Hackney Learning Trust - Position statement - Specific Learning Difficulties and Dyslexia (updated 2018)
- Hackney Learning Trust - Special Equipment Policy (updated September 2019)
- SEND - Early Years Guide
- Schools and Alternative Provision Guide - SEND Code of Practice 0-25
- SEND - Guide for Further Education Providers
- SEND - 19 - 25 year olds entitlement to EHC plans
- Health Professionals Guide - SEND Code of Practice 0-25
- NHS Guidance for health services for children and young people with SEND
- NHS Commissioning for transition to adult services for young people with SEND
- Social Care Guide to SEND 0-25 Code of practice
- Care Act 2014
- Statutory Guidance - Care and support (updated 24 June 2020)
- Parents SEND reforms guide
- Council for Disabled Children- Education, Health and Care Plans: Examples of good practice
- Children and Families Act - Part 3
- SEND Code of Practice 2015
- SEND - Supporting Local and National Accountability
- Ofsted and the CQC Local Area SEND Inspection - Framework
- Ofsted and the CQC Local Area SEND – Guidance for Inspectors - Handbook