Advice page content
SEND guidance, templates, and forms
The Documents Library makes it easier and quicker for partners working with children and young people who have SEND, including their parent-carers, to be able to quickly find the latest versions of SEND policy and guidance documents or templates.
Documents related to specific services or teams e.g. referral forms or team policies will remain with the team's service entry in the directory. These can be searched for by the team name or relevant keywords.
Some documents are templates to be worked on. These will download automatically when the link is activated by you clicking on it. They can then be opened, worked on, saved and returned or sent to the appropriate team or service.
Guidance, forms, and templates from the following services are available to view or download
- Hackney Special Educational Needs and Disability (strategies and policies)
- Education, Heath, and Care (EHC) assessments - guidance, request forms and planning documents
- Leisure, Early Help, and Social Care - Guides and information
- Home to School - Travel Assistance for pupils with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Autism support - local guidance and referral forms
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) and Dyslexia - guidance and policies
- Pupils with medical needs - policies and support
- Mental Health and Wellbeing - Guides to services for children and young people
- Hackney's Local Offer website - purpose and reports
- National NHS, Government, and strategic partners guidance
Hackney Special Educational Needs and Disability strategies, policies and key information
- Hackney's SEND Strategy 2022-2025 (PDF 1,670 KB)
- Hackney's SEND Strategy 2022-25 - Easy Read version (PDF 247 KB)
- Hackney Education's School Accessibility Strategy
- Hackney's Graduated Response (PDF 846KB)
- Hackney Education's Special Equipment Policy (updated September 2019)
- Hackney Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) Post 16 Strategy 2017-2020
- Hackney Child Wellbeing Framework (updated June 2021)
- City and Hackney Disabled Children and Young Peoples Needs Assessment 2017
- Hackney Education Sufficiency and Estates Strategy (including specialist provision)
Education, Heath and Care (EHC) assessments - guidance, request forms and planning documents
Education, Health, and Care Needs Assessments and Plans and related guidance...
- Education, Health, and Care Plan - Guidance
- Obtaining the views and opinions of children and young people Guidance for Schools and Professionals
- Annual Review and Phase Transfer Process - Guidance on young people with Education, Health, and Care Plans in Years 11 and above (PDF)
- Provision Mapping and Management Guide and materials for schools and professionals
EHC Needs Assessment request forms and guidance
- Professionals EHC Needs Assessment - Requests Guidelines (Word doc download). Updated January 2023.
- Professionals Request for a Statutory EHC Needs Assessment Template ages 0 - 13 (Word doc template). Updated January 2023. Will download to be completed, saved, and returned.
- Professionals Request for a Statutory EHC Needs Assessment Template ages 14-19 plus (Word doc template). Updated January 2023. Will download to be completed, saved, and returned.
- Young Person's Education, Health and Care needs assessment request form (this form will download as a Word document and can then be completed, saved, and returned)
- Parent or Carer Education, Health and Care needs assessment request form (this form will download as a Word document and can then be completed, saved, and returned)
- EHC Needs Assessments process and timeline (word doc download)
Post 16 Education Health and Care Plan documents and templates
- Schedule 2 / SEND Post 16 High Needs Funding Request Form 2022-23 - Blank template (this form will download as a Word document and can then be completed, saved, and returned)
- Annual Review and Phase Transfer Process - Guidance on young people with EHC Plans in Year 11 and above 2021-2022 (PDF 169KB)
- Annual Review Guidelines (Word doc download)
- Annual Review Part A for Parents to complete (Word doc download)
- EHCP Annual Review Form - Year Groups 0-8 ( Word doc 324 KB) Updated in 2023
- EHCP Annual Review Form - Year Groups 9 Transition (Word doc 323 KB) Updated in 2023
- EHCP Annual Review Form Year Group 10 and up (Word doc 328 KB) Updated in 2023
Phase Transfer Preference Forms for parents and young people
These are to be completed by parents and young people listing their preferred choice of schools or college and returned by the stated deadline. Information sessions are held annually and more information about the phase transfer process can be found here.
- Primary Phase Transfer Preference Form 2022-23 (Word document download)
- Secondary Phase Transfer Preference Form 2022-23 (Word document download)
- Post 16 Phase Transfer Preference Form Years 11-13 (Word document download)
- Post 16 Phase Transfer Preference Form Years 14 plus (Word document download)
Leisure, Early Help and Social Care - Guides and information....
Home to School - SEND Travel Assitance
The following information can be found elswhere on this website.
- SEND Travel Assistance Guidance (document)
- Home to school - Travel Assistance Application online form
- Post 16 - Travel Assistance Application online form
- Travel Assistance- change of circumstance (word document)
Autism related local guidance and referral forms
- Social Communication Assessment Clinic (SCAC) young people aged 5-18 years service and referral information
- Neuro-developmental Screening Parent Report updated March 2023 (Word doc download)
- Neuro-developmental Screening School Report updated March 2023 (Word doc download)
- Hackney Education’s Approach To Working With Autistic Children And Young People
- Criteria for admission to specialist provision for children with autism (pdf)
- Autism ARP Referral forms and further information can be found here
Dyslexia and literacy difficulties
Pupils with medical needs policies and support
Mental Health and Wellbeing, Guides to services for pupils and young people...
- CAMHS Alliance - Directory of Services 2022-2023 (PDF 828 KB)
- Parenting Programmes Directory City & Hackney (updated Jan 2020)
- Educational Psychology Guide to services (updated 2020)
- Emotionally Based School Avoidance (EBSA) Guidance (PDF 3157 KB)
- East London Foundation Trust mental health services including the eating disorders service, adolescent services and adult services
Hackney Local Offer website
National NHS, Government and strategic partners guidance....
- SEND Early Years Guide
- Schools and Alternative Provision Guide SEND Code of Practice 0-25
- SEND Guide for Further Education Providers
- SEND 19 to 25 year olds entitlement to EHC plans
- Health Professionals Guide to the SEND Code of Practice 0-25
- NHS Guidance for health services for children and young people with SEND
- NHS Commissioning for transition to adult services for young people with SEND
- Social Care Guide to SEND 0-25 Code of practice
- Care Act 2014
- Statutory Guidance Care and support (updated 24 June 2020)
- Parents SEND reforms guide
- Council for Disabled Children- Education, Health and Care Plans: Examples of good practice
- Children and Families Act - Part 3
- SEND Code of Practice 2015
- SEND Supporting Local and National Accountability
- Ofsted and the CQC Local Area SEND Inspection Framework
- Ofsted and the CQC Local Area SEND Guidance for Inspectors Handbook