Skip to main content

What to do if you need to complain about Hackney's Local Offer or a service on it

You can see more information about what Local Authorities are supposed to do about disagreements and complaints in Chapter 11 of the SEND Code of Practice 2015

Making a complaint can help organisations learn lessons from the mistakes and prevent them from happening to anyone else.

  • We welcome any feedback, good or bad, about the Local Offer and other services found on it.
  • We will listen to any suggestions for the Local Offer of SEND services and website and try to make sure it meets the needs of our local population, contact us.
  • We will gather together comments and report back on what has happened as a result of them.

You can get involved or see how we have worked with parents and young people on the following pages of this website....

If we are not able to provide information about a service because it is not available we will raise this with commissioners. 

You may also be able to access some services in neighbouring boroughs.

Information about services for children and young people aged 0 - 25 can be found on the Local Offer website in each borough:

Complaining about services or agencies found on the Local Offer website

Complaints about agencies and services found on Hackney's Local Offer website need to be made to directly to the services themselves for example about a particular group run by a charity.

You can find complaints polices and procedures for each service included in their service entry listed in the directory section of this website. 

Page last updated: 11/01/19

Back to top