By Post FIS, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ
Who we are:
The Resource Centre is a one stop shop for information, advice and support welcoming professionals, parents/carers of children with disabilities and SEN and young people themselves.
What we do:
The range of services available when you visit include:
- a library of books
- information leaflets
- funding packs
- Resource Centre newsletter
- two public computers equipped with internet access and learning aids
- Support to fill in Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Personal Independence Payments (PIP) forms by appointment
- space where other services run support groups. e.g. Local Offer face to face sessions, Short Breaks surgeries, SENDIAGS drop in sessions, Parent carer forum - HiP occasional sessions.
SENDIAGS Drop in advice session...
- Every Tuesday 10:00am -2:00pm ( except during half term)
Monthly joint SEND information sessions...
These run on the last Tuesday of every month and are an opportunity to get information face to face from people working in some of Hackney's key SEND services including:
- Hackney's Local Offer website coordinator (help with finding information and geting to know how to get the most out of the website)
- Hackney SENDIAGS (SEND Information, Advice and Guidance Service)
- Short Breaks
- Prospects Careers Services
Session dates for joint sessions:
- 26th June
- 31st July
All joint sessions run from 10:00am - 12:00pm however SENDIAGS stay until 2pm.
Support filling in forms...
For support filling in forms such as DLA (Disability Living Allowance) if the Resource Centre Coordinator is not available please contact one of the following organisations who also provide this service:
Hackney Advice Service - Specialising in Disability and Immigration...
Phone: 020 7 001 1728 or 07983898918
Phone: 020 3621 3323
Phone: 020 7633 4531
Phone: 020 8525 6350 or 0844 499 1195
Record Last Updated on: 24/09/2018